Replacing Horizontal Shaft Engines and how to measure your crankshaft on a horizontal engine
To inquire about a short block, or other
parts, please use our Engine Inquiry Form
Links to Engine Specifications and Line Drawings for Briggs & Stratton, Tecumseh, Robin Subaru, Kohler, Honda & Kawasaki Small Engines.
- Compare overall engine size for possible interference with mounting.
- Match the Crankshaft's: Diameter (A)
- Distance from base to center of the crankshaft (B)
- Length (Distance from the oil seal/cover's mounting face to end of crankshaft) (C)
- Match crankshaft type, i.e. keyway, tapered or threaded
- Match crankcase cover's tapped holes for mounting accessories (if applicable)
- Match base mounting dimensions and bolt hole spacing.